Monday 16 March 2015

Comparing continuity images

Unfortunately the lighting was very different in the second image and I had thought it looked better when I was checking it on the thumbnail screen on the camera while I was taking them. Due to the assessment being timed, as well as getting the hair and make-up done in the time required we also had to take our pictures quite quickly so everyone had a chance to use the camera. Because of the lighting in the second image the make-up has been quite washed out compared to the first image so the details aren't fully viewable. This is a shame because I was very proud of my continuity make-up, albeit being simple I was still very pleased with how it came out and especially the placement of the tear streaks and cracked, peeling lips. I think they looked realistic and not too overdone which I was worried I would get carried away and do. Despite counting the curls I made in the first assessment and repeating the same steps as before during the second they still didn't manage to look too similar and fell slightly differently by the face and didn't have the same shape. This was the part of the assessment I was mostly worried about and which I thought may be a problem, however believe that practise and experience will help avoid these problems for the future. Overall I enjoyed the challenge of this assessment and was really pleased with the make-up turn out, the lack of quality in the second photo is a shame but will make me pay closer attention to this in future assessments.



No comments:

Post a Comment