Monday 4 May 2015

Quentin idea development


Above is the moodboard I made for my presentation with the very first ideas that came into my head for my Quentin character. I have decided as Claudia is going to be a relatively normal looking character, I want to make Quentin quite theatrical and dramatic which I can get away with as he doesn't even really exist! 

Quentin is going to be a skinwalker from True Blood. A skinwalker is a shapeshifter that can turn into other humans instead of just animals. I came across this idea as in Quentins character description it states that he changes in appearance to suit Claudia's mood. By being a skinwalker this makes him fit really well into the series. 

" As he is part of her imagination his appearance changes to suit her mood. Sometimes he will be a David Beckham looking guy, whilst in another scene he will appear as a Pete Docherty type, Daniel Craig type or a Hollyoaks Babe. If she is having a bad day he will morph into an uncouth couch potato chav with all that brings with it."

If a skinwalker shifts into another person for too long they experience some unpleasant and painful side affects. These side affects include:
  • Fainting
  • Extremely high fever
  • Pain
  • Vomiting blood
When Claudia is in a bad mood and can't make her mind up about who she wants Quentin to be she makes him shift as many times as she likes which makes him really weak and ill. Shifting too often can cause fatal problems for skinwalkers. In my designs I want to show this side of Quentin.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment