Tuesday 5 May 2015

Claudia initial designs

Consultation notes:
Model - Jade Holmes
Skin type - Fair, combination
Hair - Mid length, dyed, brown with lighter ends, no problem with heat application
No Allergies
No contra-indictations


Design one:

This was my first design idea, as I wanted Claudia to look pretty with a dark edge I decided to go for a light eyeshadow in grey tones around the eyes with loads of mascara and a perfect nude pout. As this design was quite plain I decided to make it more smokey like how it looks below.

 I thought this was a more flattering and more bold look than the first design however realised I have done smokey eyes quite a lot before and realised this didn't show my technical ability enough so wanted to make more of a statement and show off my technical ability more.


Going with the whole idea of a bold eye and nude lip I created this design. Instead of using eyeliner or eyeshadow with the traditional smokey eye I used mascara on the end of a disposable wand to create a rough and very daring look. I also smudged the lipstick around the mouth to make her look slightly less normal and more unhinged but still so my model would look quite sexy in a vamp kind of way. As I want my character to fit in with the show more I realised this was too audacious so I changed the look once more before coming up with a final design I was happy with.

I am going to keep the hair in a casual and simple half-up, half-down do as I don't want it to be completely down but I don't want it in an elaborate up-do as I want to portray Claudia as quite plain in styling and hair. I don't want her to look too done up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment