Saturday 25 April 2015

Dark eyes and lips

Products:
- Brushes
- Cotton buds
- MAC lip mix in black and red
- Illamasqua Neutral palette
- Illamasqua Reflection palette
- Sculpting powder duo by Illamasqua

I loved this lesson as we got to try out some make-up looks that we would possibly be creating similarly on an actual client for an event or for a fashion shoot. To save time so both me and my partner could swap I worked over her foundation she had applied already as well as her eyebrows she had already. I decided to go for a very bold and dramatic eye teamed with very dark lips as it is very different to what she usually wear but keeping the eyes warm, shimmery browns to soften it slightly. I was really pleased with the out come however with more time I would like to make-up the whole face: base, eyebrows, contouring, blusher etc. I think some natural false eyelashes would be a nice finish to this bold look as well. I felt that the lips weren't as perfect as I would have liked them to be, I think this is due to not having lip liners in our kit which I will be purchasing for next year in a variety of versatile shades to assist with creating looks like this. I think it would have had a sharper and more crisp outcome if I had used one.

Consultation notes:
Model - Rebekah Newman
Eyes - No contacts, blue
Skin type - Pale, combination skin
No allegies or contra-indications

1) I started by mixing Acute and Dart from the Reflection palette by Illamasqua on the back of my clean hand. I chose this palette as it has shimmery tones and it is a cream texture so would go onto the eyelid nicely.
2) I smoothed the two colours onto the eyelid using an eyeshadow brush so it covered the eyelid right up to the crease.
3) I then used a blending brush to buff this in and blend it up towards the brow bone.
4) I then took the Neutral palette and applied Vintage (A gold shade) onto the center on the lid for a highlight
5) For depth I used a matte brown from the Neutral palette and using an eyeshadow brush defined the crease
6) I took a fine angled brush and used a matte black from the Neutral palette and used it close to the top lash line to create an eyeliner effect, winging it out along where the natural eye shape followed
7) Using Vintage eyeshadow and a brown eyeshadow I followed it close below the lower lash line so the bottom of the eye didn't look too bare without the harshness of a khol eyeliner
8) I used the highlight from the Sculpting powder duo by Illamasqua to highlight the underneath of the brow bone.
8) For the lips I took a lip brush and mixed black and red lip mix by MAC on the back of my hand until I was pleased with the shade and applied to the lips starting in the center and then filling out towards the edges.



  

  


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment